Historic Lebanon House in Twickenham, which was once the residence of Dr. Fuller, the Bishop of Limerick in 1663, has been sold by private treaty. The property, previously known as Mount Lebanon, has an interesting past and connections to famous figures such as Prince de Joinville and Samuel Pepys.
Lebanon House, a historic residence in Twickenham with an interesting past, has been sold by private treaty through auctioneers Burance, Chadwick and Sons. Located on the banks of the River Thames opposite Eel Pie Island, the house once belonged to Prince de Joinville. Formerly known as Mount Lebanon, the site was once home to Dr. Fuller, who was appointed Bishop of Limerick in 1663 and was a close friend of Samuel Pepys, who mentioned him in his famous “Diary”. The original building was demolished in 1791, with the current structure providing beautiful views of the neighboring grounds of Liam House.
Richmond and Twickenham Times – Saturday 07 July 1900