Skip to content

The Limerick City Exchange: A Monument to the City’s Past

The Original Building Was A Simple, Two-Story Structure Made Of Stone, With A Large Open Hall On The Ground Floor For The Market, And A Council Chamber On The First Floor. It Was An Important Hub For Commerce And Governance In The City.

However, by the early 18th century, the building had become too small to accommodate the growing needs of the city. In 1702, it was demolished and replaced by a new, larger building to allow for the development of wider streets in the city.

The new Limerick City Exchange was a grand three-story structure, with an ornate facade and a large clock tower. It was a symbol of the city’s prosperity and growth, and it served as a hub for trade and commerce for many years.

Today, the Limerick City Exchange no longer exists. The building was demolished in the 19th century to make way for new developments in the city. However, its legacy lives on in the history and culture of Limerick, and it remains an important part of the city’s heritage.

Join The Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *