ST. MARY’S OLD CHURCH, ATHLUNKARD STREET, LIMERICK ST MARY’S CHURCH WAS BUILT BETWEEN 1930/32 AND REPLACED THE CHURCH OF 1749, WHICH WAS DEMOLISHED.

Rate Image

THE CHURCH IS DEDICATED TO OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION. ALL THAT REMAINS OF THE 1749 CHURCH IS THE HOLY WATER FONT AND A PLAQUE AT THE REAR OF THE CHURCH.

THE ARCHITECTS OF THE CHURCH WERE ASHLING & COLEMAN OF DUBLIN. EMIGRANTS OF THE PARISH, TRADERS IN LIMERICK AND THE PEOPLE OF THE PARISH RAISED THE FINANCE FOR THE CHURCH.

TH… See More

ST. MARY’S OLD CHURCH, ATHLUNKARD STREET, LIMERICK ST MARY’S CHURCH WAS BUILT BETWEEN 1930/32 AND REPLACED THE CHURCH OF 1749, WHICH WAS DEMOLISHED.
THE CHURCH IS DEDICATED TO OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION. ALL THAT REMAINS OF THE 1749 CHURCH IS THE HOLY WATER FONT AND A PLAQUE AT THE REAR OF THE CHURCH.
THE ARCHITECTS OF THE CHURCH WERE ASHLING & COLEMAN OF DUBLIN. EMIGRANTS OF THE PARISH, TRADERS IN LIMERICK AND THE PEOPLE OF THE PARISH RAISED THE FINANCE FOR THE CHURCH.
TH… See More

SHARE IMAGE