Web Analytics
Tragic Suffocation Incident in Limerick Cottage Claims Three Lives |

Tragic Suffocation Incident in Limerick Cottage Claims Three Lives

A devastating accident occurred near Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick, in which a woman and her two children, aged eleven and eight years, were found suffocated in a small cottage room. The room, measuring 5 feet square, was used as a bedroom by the family. To keep out the cold, the room’s sole window was covered by a cloth, inadvertently blocking the only means of ventilation. Furthermore, the door openings were stuffed with paper, exacerbating the lack of air circulation.

During the inquest, medical experts concluded that the cause of death was asphyxiation due to the absence of proper ventilation. The tragic event serves as a stark reminder of the critical importance of ensuring adequate airflow in residential areas. The local community mourns the loss of the mother and her two young children in this heartbreaking accident.

Devizes and Wilts Advertiser – Thursday 05 February 1903

SHARE OUR HERITAGE
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments